2018 Bear Hunting Season – May 19th to June 30th
Bear Hunting Facts
At Taggart Bay Lodge we cover a very large territory and we have some of the best guides available to maximize your success. This régions we hunt in produces bears averaging 200 pounds and and our lodge keep a kill ratio of 90% or more. Every year at Taggart Bay Lodge we have taken bears weighing over 400 pounds. Most of the shots are between 15 and 35 yards.
You can use rifles, muzzleloaders, shotguns, and bows. Make sure to specify your special needs so that whether you use bow, black powder, rifle, or shotgun, you will be satisfied. To make sure your trip is not only successful but also trouble free, we do everything for you: track your bear, bring it back to camp, skin it, and prepare the meat (freeze it) and pelts for your return trip. We will also fill out all the paper work (export tag ).
At Taggart Bay Lodge we put a lot of time and money into our baiting. Baiting starts in early April and runs until the end of June. Every bait site is chosen and started by the owner and checked every second day all through the hunting season. We use pastries and meat for our baiting. In a normal season we will go through 25 tons of pastries and about 10 tons of meat. A few other ingredients are used in smaller quantities. An average of 100 active baits sites are used to ensure success. You will get as many baits as you need to get your bear. In the past our customers have achieved a 98% sighting ratio, so our baiting program really works! Many of our customers see numerous bears a day.
Our Bear Hunting Package Include :
- Tree stand
- Transportation to and from bait site
- As many baited site as you need to kill your bear
- Tracking and retreving your bear
- Game dressing and storage
- Export tag
- Practice stand for gun and bow
- includes full fishing package
- Experienced Guides
Check our price list for more info on our bear hunting package.
Bear Hunting Package also Includes:
6 days hunt 7 days stay
- Hunting territories and baited sites
- Private full facilities cabin
- Tree stand
- Tracking and retreving
- Game Dressing and storage
- Boat motor and gaz
- Taking you to and from bait site
- Export Tags and CITEES permits if needed
- Practice stand and target for bow hunters
- Sighting-in area for gun hunters
- Numerous bait site (if needed)
- Extra baits
- Experienced guide
- Please note that you can get the same package with meals included for 350$ more per person
Complete fishing package always part of the hunting packackes: includes boat, motor, unlimited gas, and bait.
Hunting, fishing licenses and meal Plans are not included.
Partial List of Items to Bring
- Orange vest
- Head net
- Latex gloves
- Rain gear
- Warm clothes
- Tree stand if you wish to use your own
- Flash light
- Cooler or container for the meat and pelt for return trip
- Duct tape
- Therma Cell